Friday, February 8, 2008

The many faces of January


For some reason, it wasn't terribly difficult to convince myself that "stick out your tongue" was a useful thing for a toddler to know, nor was it difficult to teach Beck the fine art. Well...our little man is definately a master now (in his minty dinosaur jambies from Grandmama).





This is his "dubious" expression. We see this one a lot but you can pretty much count on it making an appearance at mealtime as he examines the contents of each spoonful pretty carefully. I swear there was NO benadryl involved!!!!




One of the big joys of being Beck at age 1.5 is to puuullllll the straw out of your cup with your teeth being VERY sure to splash juice or milk on everyone and eveything around you. THEN (now this is the best part) you use your tongue to keep some remaining juice in the straw threatening to either spray it everywhere or drink it at your own discretion. This maneuver (which we have not yet named) is almost always accompanied by a little maniacal laugh. I think it is the best laugh I've ever heard from a little one (but of course I'm clearly biased), but it is oh so very EEEEVIL.

And here we are well into the gloat phase. Anyone got any good suggestions for a name for this....these straw antics? There may be a beer or some chocolate involved for the winner...post your suggestions the comments and we'll see who wins!

No comments: