Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Obedience or defiance...you decide!

So today I had my 40 week checkup. Dr. commiserated that absolutely NOTHING was happening in my body to prep me for labor. We had a good talk about our options and risks and decided to go to the hospital tomorrow evening at 5 to begin a pre-induction and that Wednesday they would start the actual induction. She cautioned me to let go of my hopes of an unmedicated birth. I believe her words were along the lines of, "If I have to take you from absolute zero to the grand finale in about 24 hours, that is asking way too much of your body without an epidural."

I realized that although I had lost control (like we ever really have much) over this birth, I was relieved. This cold has really zapped my stamina and my enthusiasm and I am ready to see my feet again and to meet my precious daughter!

Philip, Mom, Beck and I went out to dinner at Macaroni Grill to celebrate. My back began to ache more and more than it had in the past couple of days and I was growing more strangely uncomfortable. We had a nice dinner though. Beck was great except for launching crayons, juice cups, and menus. I wished I could have tasted my dinner...mom assured me it was fabulous.

Fast forward to Beck's bedtime. I make some wrinkled up ugly face at mom and told her I am having quite a lot of pressure down yonder and that I dreaded what tomorrow held in store. Finally at about 10pm, it occurs to me that what I might be feeling might be contractions. So here I sit in very early labor, unable to sleep, and I decide to blog about it. So at the moment, they are about 5 minutes apart and 45 seconds long.

The question is...Is Raina so intuitive that she knows that tomorrow is EXACTLY her due date and she wishes to be punctual? Or rather, is it that she didn't want either of us to have to go through all of that nasty induction stuff and decided to take matters into her own sweet baby hands? Either way...I am a happy clam (and I better enjoy it now because I have a feeling that soon enough, I won't feel so happy.)

***A side note of apology to my brother and sister-in-law. I had thanked some loved ones in a previous post for all their hand-me-down gold not realizing that they had stashed away a ton of loot for us inside our storage unit. I didn't see all of Sophia's sweet baby stuff until last weekend when I went to retrieve some goods from there. The reality is that I am not so much of an ingrate as I am uninformed. Thank you guys so much and thank you Sophia for sharing with your little cousins.

I wonder how long before I feel like I have enough space, time and energy to blog again (Geesh, I sound like a physics equation).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Good luck, I hope everything goes well, can't wait for a post of your new baby girl:)))