Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summertime with Gi-ma and Pop Pop


Noodle and I got a special treat...we got to spend a whole week and grandma and grandpa's house! We had a great time. The carpeted stairs are still a big hit, there were more blueberries to pick than could ever be consumed by a single toddler, and probably most importantly...they have the DVD for "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom."


Uncle Andy will be proud to know that we chowed down on his childhood favorite, Tuna Gravy on Bagels (not once, but twice even!)


Beck tackling his first popsicle all by himself! Now, we are not mean...depriving this sweet guy popsicles and ice cream. It is just that until recently, he has been completely "cold" to the idea of putting anything frozen in his mouth. (Apologies...I know I'm not very punny).

Inspect that thing well, Noodle.


There ya go!!!!











You're a natural, kiddo!






And off we go to the Chattanooga Choo Choo!!!!!









The Choo Choo was remarkably unpopulated for a summer tourist attraction.











We found ways to pass the time until the next train ride.


















Finally! All aboard (this trolley/ oven)! It was hot as blazes...and this pregnant lady was about to DROP!


As if the Choo Choo wasn't enough, then we go park hopping the next couple of days. Watch as the Amazing Beckster navigates stairs all by himself.










"Peek-boo"










Can I get a lift, peez?





















Helping Gi-ma water the flowers at her church....Yeah, Beck!


















Now we have been working on getting Beck to tolerate a swing for some time now and I'd say this looks like success. Beck can say AND sign for swing which he does so constantly!







There! Take THAT you fear of swinging, you!












Well, we are home again, but we sure had a great time visiting with the grandparents. Clearly just because the week is over doesn't mean Gi-ma isn't going to be right back for round 2. If you have noticed the absence of a certain "Pop pop" that is because he is skilled at the art of avoiding the camera. I could probably have snuck in a pic or two, but one is never really too sure if that is a good idea when it comes to pop pop.
Thank you both for a fantastic week and for spoiling us rotten while we were there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a good time, but I have to ask umm... tuna gravy on bagels??!?

bionicmommy said...

Ha! Ha! It's my brother's childhood nemisis. I actually think it is pretty groovy (on the rare occassion such as pregnancy when this vegetarian will allow herself to eat fish). You take one TBS butter and melt it in a pan, stir in one TBS flour, and then gradually stir in one cup of milk, then add your can of drained tuna. Voila! Pour it over toast or bagels or vhatever. Sourdough toast is my favorite. Cheap, fast, healthy and easy...it doesn't get much better in toddler land.