Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Beck!!!

Noodle's 2nd birthday was a grand success! I think it went very well with the exception that his own mother was too scattered to take a single picture. Thanks to everyone who did take pictures...keep 'em coming!



We were worried that Beck would be overwhelmed by a big group of people (especially with him as the focus of attention) so we kept the shindig relatively small. We rented a pavilion in his favorite park with his favorite slide so that the surroundings were familiar. The decoration theme was STARS (because he loves that shape of course). Grandmama baked 75 star cupcakes (which Raina snarfed shamelessly), potato salad, pasta salad, mango chutney, and naan bread. Philip and I got fried rice, steamed rice, lo mein, and spring rolls catered from Beck's favorite Chinese restaurant.



Our friend's the G' s came and helped us decorate as we were running late and because Beck was velcroed to my shoulder for the first 20 minutes. Here you see B. G. carefully studying something. T.G and B.G. were real troopers to come to a 2 year old party and be such a great help. They just enjoy what is happening without a heaping helping of whining. Love those guys!







Daddy is helping him with his new bubble gun, courtesy of the G's.











How do you defrost a shy Beck? Take him to his favorite slide!





This was also the first time that we got to meet Caroline (and she is more than 4 months old...we should be strung up by our toes!) Clearly, overly adorable, you can see she made the rounds. Here she is with B.G. senior







And here she is with mama G.






And I do believe she has this guy wrapped as well. Nope, I don't think she buys any of his shinanigans...she knows he's a teddy bear.
I ommited a certain picture. I (not-so-lovingly) call it "dualing bellies." One of the belly's in question is my own. The other individual took quite a bit of ribbing (sorry, the puns just sneak out sometimes) and I am going to offer MY support. I DO believe it was the camera. I really am pregnant with only 1 child and persecuted friend X has lost weight and is doing great...he's had 2 children, after all!
Thanks to everyone who came! Nana, Grandmama and Grandpapa, Uncle Ben, Aunt Jessie, Sophia, the E family with little Hayden, the C family with little Carter and Jackson, the G's, Kim 'n Scott, the A's with BIG Collin and little Caroline.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beck!
Wow, Lyra's birthday was this weekend TOO! Beck makes the 3rd person I know who had a birthday this weekend. Lyra turned 2 also. Her party was kind of a bust with a very windy day and cooler temperatures. The highlight of the party was when she jumped into giant mud puddle after outrunning the 4 people chasing her. :)

Mashawna