
So for kicks and giggles, I went to have a 3D utrasound done yesterday. (They call it "4D" but until anyone can tell me what the difference is, I am going to continue to call it 3D).
Mom and Beck came with us to our 8AM appointment (meaning that mom had to leave her house at 5:30) and we barely skated in on time. Beck comes positively unglued when I lie down on an examining table or when someone is touching me or doing something to me. (This even applies to Philip rubbing my back, but it is MUCH less intense). It seems to be more an issue of fear and less of jealousy.
So we watched Raina wiggle and grimace as we invaded her privacy. In the picture above you can see her face, at least one foot, and her fist. So we confirmed what we already knew which was that she is breech. She was VERY active and protested the procedure until afternoon. Clearly I am carrying a stubborn one.
Here she is sucking her thumb with her foot by her face. She was very interested in getting her toes and fingers (or fist) into her mouth. She also did fair amount of licking and sucking on her arm on the inside of her elbow. The yoga practictioner in me is fascinated (and a little envious although that is not yogic AT ALL). I remember when I used to be able to see me feet and touch my toes....sigh!
So here I am left to try to accept and make peace with the idea that I may have to have a c-section instead of the natural childbirth experience I have been hoping for. I am working on dealing with it psychologically (while not resigning to it yet), but I have a little more work to do in that department. I realize that I am fortunate to have time to contemplate and digest this. I am really clinging to my wise sister-in-law's advice that a c-section is STILL a birth experience, it is just not the birth experience that I wanted. The yogi in me is working on surrendering my attachment to the natural and old fashioned birth experience. I'll get there. In the meantime, I am working diligently on ways to turn Raina to head down position. Basically, that involves ME being upside down a good portion of the day (which is hard to do when you are chasing a 2 year old around). Upside-down is a predicament that currently I detest. It is VERY difficult if not near impossible to breathe and is terribly uncomfortable. The pressure of Raina sits on my nerves WRONGLY in that position and causes sciatica to scream through my legs. Nonetheless, I am going to try to spend at least 20 to 30 minutes a day upside down while she is awake in addition to other tricks. I am also trying to sleep with my hips slightly elevated and that will take some getting used to as well. I thought it was impossible to get comfortable before.....
At the moment, we have witnessed Raina switching between the last 2 positions but I am sure she probably goes through them all.

3 comments:
Hi there,
I also have a little albinism from China (I believe we are with the same agency... I think I recognize your sweet little girl's face). Anyways, I don't know whether its too late or not, but I wanted to mention moxibustion as a way of getting a breech baby to switch. Its a chinese herb, formed into sticks, that you then burn near a pressure point on your pinky toes. Sounds wierd, and you definitely want to get more 'details' about it, but thought I'd throw it out there. I only did two treatments of this, and my third dd flipped... it was amazing. And it was after many many other breech turning exercises, which didn't do anything.
Good luck with everything...
Megan S.
Ack... I can't edit my post... I didn't mean to write I have a 'little albinism'... supposed to be 'little one with albinism'. :)
Good luck with the breech issue - my baby is also breech right now at 30 weeks and I'm getting nervous. Someone told me that chiropractors can sometimes flip babies, but I'm not sure how.
Also, do you mind if I add your blog to my favorite blogs list on my site? If that's ok, please drop me a note at chartley81@gmail.com
Post a Comment