Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fizzle Frazzle

Today I had my third maternity checkup (17) weeks and it turns out I really needed to hear that little heartbeat again! I'm a little anemic (which explains some of my exhaustion lately) so I will start an iron supplement post haste.

Also today, I got a care package mailed off to Ren. It was a simple bundle (I learned my lesson when we adopted Beck) containing a hippo lovee, a precious moments doll, some Starbuck's candy for the caregivers, and most importantly, a letter. This letter is an act of desperation on my part. I had my friend Dr. Zhi translate my pathetic desperation and a list of questions about Ren. I included a self addressed return envelope and 20 yuan for postage. I asked basic questions like:
1. Does she walk? crawl? scoot?
2. Does she have any allergies?
3. Does she talk? What words?
4. What does she like to eat?
5. Does she sleep in a crib? Alone?
6. What signals her that it is time to go to sleep for the night?
7. Does she have a particular caregiver she is attached to?
8. Some words to describe her personality?
9.What does she like to play (toy? dolls? music? books?)

I hope they do this for me. Any of that information is so valuable to us.

And I can't forget my Noodle-man today. Today, I am trying to get his birthday party invitations ready and mailed. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. Today he got a reprieve from daycare and got to go to the zoo with grandmama.

I'm tired. I want a big fat martini...and I can't have one! I want a vacation on the beach to forget all the stress and chaos for just a couple of days of recharging before the baby blitz....but we can't have one of those either. I simply must find a way to recharge. I feel my battery on the wane. Maybe that's just the anemia talking. I was WARNED to appreciate how good I feel right now and that if I think I don't feel good...I'm WRONG!!!!

No comments: