Monday, February 4, 2008

It had to be you TWO???!!!!

So here we are...home just a couple of weeks with our amazing little guy and I'm here to tell ya, WE'RE TIRED!!! Throw some serious jetlag in with a jetlagged, freaked-out insecure baby and what you get is a recipe for exhaustion. Ok, I'm a little hard on Beck here, but we are also first-time parents and have NO idea what we are doing and we don't fully know this little guy or his many quirks just yet.

At one point, weeks after being home, Philip took Beck and for just a second...I could hop on the internet. Now it's been almost a month and I didn't realize how habitual internet surfing is (seriously watch yourself sometime). So, I clicked on a particular website that is a collaboration of many, Many adoption agencies. For now, I'm not going to post the site. Anyway, I used to go there daily and I guess in the back of my mind, I was hoping there would be a really great article on sleep issues (there is, but I didn't find it that day). At the top left of the page, the website always puts a random picture of a waiting child. This particular day, I looked at the picture and thought, "Wow, I KNOW that look...that is a little Chinese baby with albinism!" Well since my main studies now involve the super-saturated cuteness of Chinese babies with albinism, I just HAD to look.






Here's the problem with looking...it's the same as knowing. I called Phiilip in to see this adorable little baby girl and he non-chalantly said, "Well, we need to go get her!" WHAT?!! I didn't think it was POSSIBLE to adopt again so soon from China, but we checked into it and the agency (Madison Adoption Associates) who was handling her file said we were ok.


Here we go AGAIN!!! So I just had to get more pictures of our future daughter.


Introducing: Bo Rao Shan at 5 months of age. (Bo is the surname given by her orphanage). We will name her, Ren Shan.















Doesn't she look like an adorable little heffalump all swaddled up like that?








And we got updated pictures of her at 8 months of age!
























Welllllll....noodles and angelcake go well together, right?

2 comments:

mama d said...

Congratulations! Found your site through "Parent of a Child with Albinism." We brought home our Bai Cutie in November from Inner Mongolia. She's 2.5YO and a ton of fun.

bionicmommy said...

Congratulations to YOU and your little one!!! I hope our little ones can grow up through all the trials of adolescence and conformity to see how unbelievably beautiful they are.

Adopting an older toddler takes a lot of patience and resourcefulness from what I have read in "The Weavers Craft" I am so happy that you and your little one found one another!!! Perhaps I will see you on Bai China group? (I don't get there much).